Most homeowners will do everything in their power to ensure they don’t have any termite activity since these pests can end up causing thousands of dollars in property damage. It is so important that you don’t have termite activity that when buying and selling a property, many lenders will require you have a wood destroying organism report or termite letter that indicates the property has been thoroughly checked for activity and is free and clear. At All About Bugs Pest Control, we provide our customers with the documentation that is needed to sell or purchase a home.
Carpenter Ants, Termites, Beetles & Other Wood Destroying Organisms
What is a wood destroying organism, also known as a WDO? Basically any organism that destroys wood. This includes subterranean termites, dry wood termites, damp wood termites, carpenter ants and beetles (typically powder post beetles). There are also infections of fungi that can destroy wood such as white rot and dry rot.
What is Included in a WDO Inspection Report or Termite Letter
When you have the experts at All About Bugs Pest Control perform the necessary inspection that will result in a WDO report, we aren’t just looking for termite activity. Of course, if there is any signs of termites, that would definitely be included. We will also be checking for signs of wood destroying beetles and wood destroying fungi as well. Sometimes you may hear of a WDO report being referred to as a termite inspection, clearance letter, or termite letter. At any rate, this is what they are referring to. A WDO report will clearly state whether or not one of our professionals saw any evidence of the following:
– Live termite activity or any other sign of other wood destroying organisms
– Detailed report of any infestation of termites or other wood destroying organisms
– Any damage that was found during the inspection as a result of wood destroying organisms
– Any history of treatment due to wood destroying organisms on the property
How to Detect Wood Destroying Insects on Your Property
When you have a problem with wood destroying insects in your home, such as termites, carpenter ants and beetles, there are some signs that will point in that direction. As these insects feed on your structure, it is weakened exponentially, and with that come several indicators. Here are some of them:
– Mud Tubes: If you see small mud tubes on the outside of your foundation, it is a big sign of termites. They create these tunnels as a way to travel from their underground nests to the wood they are eating.
– Swarming: If you see termites swarming around your home, you probably have an infestation close by, if not in your home already.
– Frass: This is a sawdust like material that will be left behind if you have carpenter ants boring out nests in your structure. It is also a sign that you have a beetle problem as well.
– Holes: There will be pin-sized holes in the wood where the insects are entering and exiting.
Wood Destroying Organism Infestation Inspection Reports & Termite Letters & More in Mechanicsville, Glen Allen, Ashland, Petersburg & Greater Richmond, VA | Dinwiddie County, Virginia
If you need a WDO report or termite letter written to expedite the sale of your home, you can count on the experts at All About Bugs Pest Control to provide you with the documentation that you need. Call us today for your WDO inspection and report!